I wanted to make a roast so I looked for a recipe to substitute the dry onion soup mix, which has way to much sodium. I found this really good recipe and it turned out delicious.
8 tsp. dried onion flakes
1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp ground pepper
mix well and store in an airtight container for up to six months.
I did not have dried onion flakes so I used a fresh onion (obvously if you are storing it you need to use onion flakes or don't add the onion until ready to use). 1 tablespoon of onion flakes=1/3 cup of fresh onion. I put 1 pound of carrots, about 8 potatoes quartered, and 1 cup chopped onion on the bottom of the slow cooker. Dissolve the onion mix in 1 cup of water pour over a 3 to 4 pound roast. I cooked it for 8 hours. Makes 6 to 8 servings. The mix has only 1/2 tsp of salt so you are eating hardly any salt and it turned out really good!!!
1 comment:
You really need to teach me to cook lol
Post a Comment