Sunday, September 19, 2010
Happy Birthday to me!!!!
This past Wednesday was my birthday and I celebrated all week long, hey you don't turn 45 everyday. First my visiting teachers who happened to be my great friends, took me out to dinner Tuesday night. On Wednesday Katja and Heather also two of my dearest friends (I have a lot of wonderful friends and I served with them in the primary presidency) took me out to lunch. On Friday Brent (my best friend) took me out to dinner.
Happy Birthday to me!!!
I thought I would post a good picture of me, here it is after church. And speaking of church today we had Stake Conference and a new Stake Presidency was sustained. One of the counselors is our Bishop, it is going to be interesting to see who will be our next Bishop. We had Elder Christoffel Golden of the First Quorum of the Seventy. He is from South Africa. His wife Diane Golden spoke and said something that I really liked. She spoke about how one day she was with the Accra, Ghana temple Matron and the Matron had been having a struggle understanding how the glory of God could be increased. The temple Matron looked up at the Celestial room's chandelier and she had a thought that as Heavenly Father's children we each are like the shiny crystals of the chandelier. As we live our lives and are obedient and stay clean we shine brighter much like the crystals of the chandelier thus the glory of God increases. She noticed that the chandelier wasn't too clean and had it lowered so that she could clean each one by hand and when she was done it was clean and bright. Elder Golden said that we don't need to be eloquent or endowed with super natural power to be effective or engaged in the Lord's service we just need to have a simple testimony.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great week! It sounds like you did!
Happy Birthday! You look GORGEOUS- cute outfit!
Post a Comment