Saturday, November 28, 2009

Puerto Rico vacation

We went to Ponce, Puerto Rico for the Thanksgiving holiday. We had a great time, even though it was very hot and we got eaten up by mosquitoes. We went to visit the Castillo Serralles (Serralles Castle). It was closed due to the holidays, so we could not go inside. The castle is located on one of the rolling foothills to the north of the center of the city of Ponce. Built in 1926 it belonged to Eugenio Serralles, a leader in the sugar cane industry during the early part of the 20th century.









Eating at Pizza Hut




My mom
My nieces, Cristina and Ivette


Visiting my aunt Ana (my mom's sister) who is 95 years old and still lives alone and takes care of herself.



My niece Cristina who loves everything Japanese



We showed the boys my dad's grave




Going shopping at the Mall which was decorated for Christmas.




In front of the giant tree at the Mall.




The marina near my mom's house.


My good friend Maricarmen came from San Juan to see me and took us to the marina. These are her little girls, Cristina and Marialis. I have known her since I was 8 when my family joined the church.




With the pelicans at the marina.





My friend Maricarmen.




Playing at my mom's house.


The boys washing abuelita's (grandma) car.



Conner watering the grass.



Conner and his cousin Ivette.




My friend Tai-Li (to my left) and her sister Betty. I have known Tai-Li since kindergarten.



My mom's oldest brother Uncle Rafael and his wife my aunt Lipi.


I have a lot of wonderful friends. This is Mildred, we have been friend's since we were babies and she married my cousin.



At Cana Gorda beach.










My brother Jose and his girls.

2 comments:

the Rogers' Neighborhood said...

Looks like your trip was a lot of fun! I wish we could've been there, I haven't been to Puerto Rico in 6 1/2 years!

shari berry bo-berry said...

wow, that looks like it was a lot of fun! I'm glad you guys were able to take a fun trip together!